API Question v7.3

От evertcarton@netscape.net (Evert Carton)
Тема API Question v7.3
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Hi all,

I am working on an interface between PG73 and SAS shareservers.
SAS-share-servers allow SQL-queries to be passed to the server, and returns results.

There is a C library for it.

I chose 7.3, although beta because of the table-API, mainly because of the new API, and the deprecation of the old
API.

I succeeded so far, more or less. I got it working with character data.
The problem lies in numeric and date/time/datatime.
I've been looking for information regarding atttypmod.
Since I don't use libpq, I guess I have to create my own atttypmod value.
But how ?
I found some clues in the sources : src/.../utils/adt/*.c files
Is there some more documentation about the meaning/structure of the atttypmod for the following datatypes :
char
varchar
bytea
numeric