Re: how small to split a table?

От Vivek Khera
Тема Re: how small to split a table?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Mar 20, 2007, at 11:20 AM, Heiko W.Rupp wrote:

> partition through the master
> table abould halfed the speed with 4 partitions and made a 50%
> increase for 2 partitions.
> Please note: this is not representative in any kind!

I fully intend to build knowledge of the partitions into the insert
part of the logging.  Only the queries which do joins on the current
big table would use the master name.  Everything else can be trained
to go directly to the proper subtable.

Thanks for your note.  It implies to me I'm making the right choice
to build that knowledge into the system.

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: SATA RAID: Promise vs. 3ware
Сообщение: Re: SATA RAID: Promise vs. 3ware