Re: calling a pg-function from vba (Access 2002)

От Philippe Lang
Тема Re: calling a pg-function from vba (Access 2002)
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Hello,

Here is a small example:

Two routines; the first stores the pass-through query in order to use is from a form or a report, and a second for
internaluse.

I hope this helps.

Note: global_dsn_name() supplies the DSN name of your ODBC connection.

Sub query_store(query As String, p As String)
On Error GoTo query_storeError

    Dim MyDatabase As DAO.Database
    Dim MyQueryDef As DAO.QueryDef

    Set MyDatabase = CurrentDb()
    If (QueryExists(query)) Then MyDatabase.QueryDefs.Delete query
    Set MyQueryDef = MyDatabase.CreateQueryDef(query)

    MyQueryDef.Connect = "ODBC;DSN=" & global_dsn_name() & ";"
    MyQueryDef.SQL = "SELECT * FROM public." & """" & query & """" & "('" & p & "');"
    MyQueryDef.ReturnsRecords = True

    MyQueryDef.Close
    Set MyQueryDef = Nothing

    MyDatabase.Close
    Set MyDatabase = Nothing

query_storeExit:
    Exit Sub

query_storeError:
    HandleErrors "Error in query_store."
    Resume query_storeExit
End Sub

Sub query_run(query As String, p As String)
On Error GoTo query_runError

    Dim MyWorkspace As DAO.Workspace
    Dim MyConnection As DAO.Connection
    Dim MyRecordset As DAO.Recordset
    Dim MySQLString As String
    Dim MyODBCConnectString As String

    Set MyWorkspace = CreateWorkspace("ODBCWorkspace", "", "", dbUseODBC)
    MyODBCConnectString = "ODBC;DSN=" & global_dsn_name() & ";"
    Set MyConnection = MyWorkspace.OpenConnection("Connection1", dbDriverNoPrompt, , MyODBCConnectString)
    MySQLString = "SELECT * FROM public." & """" & query & """" & "('" & p & "');"
    Set MyRecordset = MyConnection.OpenRecordset(MySQLString, dbOpenDynamic)

    With MyRecordset
        Do While Not .EOF

            Debug.Print _
            MyRecordset("col1") & " / " & _