Re: Lots of write errors with foreign key references :(

От Philippe Lang
Тема Re: Lots of write errors with foreign key references :(
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Hi,

How do you proceed when you insert data under Access 2003? Are you doing that programmatically? Or are you using the
Accesstable view?

The only time when I get the same kind of error is when I modify data, which is again modified by a trigger under
Postgresql.If I have listed the modified column (timestamp, for example) in the recordset, Access beleives there is a
concurrentuser that has modified the data. One solution is to take this column away from the recordset.

-----Message d'origine-----
De : pgsql-odbc-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-odbc-owner@postgresql.org] De la part de Mike Fahey
Envoyé : vendredi, 15. octobre 2004 23:28
À : pgsql-odbc@postgresql.org
Objet : [ODBC] Lots of write errors with foreign key references :(

I'm using access 2003 and  snapshot 08.00.0001

When i try to do a simple insert query I get the error in access "write conflict" this record has been changed by
anotheruser since....

Then the actual error from odbc is:

Error #7

Error: insert or update on table "category_products violates foreign key constraint "$1"
(Source ODBC.database)

The query I'm trying to run works fine from a prompt.

Can someone look into this please?

Thanks

--
With best regards,

Mike Fahey - Systems Administration
      ENTER.NET - "The Road to the Internet Starts Here!" (tm)
  (610) 437-2221 * http://www.enter.net/ * email:support@enter.net