Re: Win32 max connections bug (causing crashes)

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Win32 max connections bug (causing crashes)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > Maybe this article can help:
> >
> > Windows and the ClearCase process limit: Understanding the
> desktop
> > heap
> > http://www-
> 128.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/library/05/1220_marecha
> > l/
> >

> i doubled all my heap settings and was able to roughly double the -
> on pgbench from ~158 (stock) to ~330 (modified).   so this is
> definately the problem.

If you try decreasing max_files_per_process to a significantly lower
value (say, try 100 instead of 1000), does the number of processes you
can run change noticeably?

(I don't have a box around ATM that I can try to reproduce on. Will try
to set up a VM for it soon.)

//Magnus