TSearch stemmers on win32

От Magnus Hagander
Тема TSearch stemmers on win32
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi!

I've got some problems building a swedish snowball stemmer on win32.
FWIW, it works just fine on Linux, so the stemmer itself is fine. My
problems are:

1) There's no way to build "just the stemmer" without having built the
source from the same directory, from what I can tell? Since it links
with libtsearch2, and isn't standalone. And just building it in the
source dir from a different version makes it impossible to load the DLL
because of mismatches. This is a major hassle if you've installed pg
from source :-(

2) The dictionary ends up being linked with "libtsearch2.dll", which
doesn't exist - it's called "tsearch2.dll". The file is
"libtsearch2.dll" in the source dir, but when you run "make install"
it's renamed. It may be that this is a general problem when using pgxs
to install modules that are referenced directly?

Comments on this?
Any way to "get rid of" the requirement on (1)?
If not, then any ways to fix (2)?

//Magnus