Re: Support Parallel Query Execution in Executor

От Markus Schiltknecht
Тема Re: Support Parallel Query Execution in Executor
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

> You can't just retarget a backend to operate in another database, at
> least not without major changes in that infrastructure.

Why not? What would be needed to retarget a backend to operate in
another database?

Such a retargetting would be helpful in several cases:
- pre-forking of backends (well, depends on efficiency of
retargetting..)
- slave backends for parallel query execution
- slave backends for replaying replicated transactions

I'm using backends operating without a client connection, with superuser
privileges only. But those are still connected to one specific database.
It would really be helpfull if I could retarget them as needed.

Regards

Markus