Re: Windows installer bugs (was: [BUGS] BUG #2374: Installation Error)

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Windows installer bugs (was: [BUGS] BUG #2374: Installation Error)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > Now, it would certainly help if more people could actually help in
> > *answering* the bugs/questions that are posted :), but that's a
> > different question...
>
> Well, that's my primary concern. It seems that people aren't
> replying to bugs posted -bugs about the windows installer. I
> just want to make sure they're being addressed.
>
> All the ones I saw seemed to come in from the web form, so we
> should probably put something on that page as well. Or better
> yet, set it up so that for select projects such as the
> installer people can report bugs using the main bug form and
> they'll end up in the appropriate tracker on pgFoundry.

You won't get *more* responses to questinos by moving them to a forum
where *less* people read them... What we need is to somehow get more
people to respond to them, and I think that's easier to get done on the
bugs list.

Not many people deal with the trackers for pginstaller, because not many
people are directly involved in developing on it. And a lot of the bug
reports that come in are either FAQs or general windows-problems not
directly related to the installer, which people can answer without
knowing the source to the installer...

//Magnus