Re: password

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: password
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Hi.
> I was installing postgresql 8.0 and let it generate a
> password for me, then i changed my mind and went back to
> change the password, but then i was stuck. How do i find the
> password it generated for me? How do i change it? How can i
> start over and install postgresql somehow? Thanks!

If you didn't write it down, you can't get back at it :-)

For 8.1, we won't use the password until you've actually clicked the
"finish" button to go through the install, so it'll work better there.

For 8.0, what you do is you manually remove the postgres account it
created, and start over. YOu can do this using "net user postgres
/delete" or from the windows GUI.

//Magnus