Re: transaction limits?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: transaction limits?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
jeff sacksteder <jsacksteder@gmail.com> writes:
> Are there known limits to how many rows can be inserted by one transaction,
> or does that just reflect the already documented row, table and database
> limits?

Offhand I think the only limit that might concern you is the CID limit
of 2^32 SQL commands per transaction.  This does not directly stop a
single command from processing any number of rows --- but, for example,
if you have a per-row trigger that contains 10 SQL commands, you could
only fire it about 400 million times within one transaction.