Re: Postgresql Vb.1 beta 2 win binary

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Postgresql Vb.1 beta 2 win binary
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Hi Magnus, thanks for the reply. My inquiry was whether any
> other person was experiencing difficulties with a download
> and was aimed at trying to figure out for myself what might
> be happening. It was not a help request or any form of
> criticism. However, in answer to your first questions
> 1 No error message the download just hangs, doesn't even time
> out. Have tried on Firefox, IE and Filezilla.

It works fine for me from the three Australian mirrors. *however* they
seem to be unfriendly to my firewall - I can't get them with firefox
from inside of it. But I can get it from the outside.
Try the Swedish mirror, that one works from both sides of my fw.

> 2 No file seems to be available on ftp, or bit torrent.

They're all ftp links... The web is used only to select which mirror to
use.
No torrents, that's correct - we only provide those for release versions
that get a lot moer downloads.

> In regard to your comment about "equally lacking in
> information" to my post script it is both offensive, arrogant
> and unhelpful. If that is the attitude of the PostgreSQL
> community to new adopters then we will stay with MySQL and
> wait until their PostGIS extensions catch up.

My apologies, I proably overreacted a bit. In a half-hearted defent I'll
say that I did read *your* post about the sanme way - if you re-read it,
you'll probably see why. And I still stand by that the reason for it not
being responded to may be a lack of information. That said, yeah, there
are better ways to say that.

//Magnus