Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Help with tuning this query (with explain analyze finally)

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Help with tuning this query (with explain analyze finally)
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> > Do we need actual high precision time, or do we just need
> to be able
> > to get high precision differences? Getting the differences
> is fairly
> > easy, but if you need to "sync up" any drif then it becomes
> a bit more
> > difficult.
>
> You're right, we only care about differences not absolute
> time.  If there's something like a microseconds-since-bootup
> counter, it would be fine.

There is. I beleive QueryPerformanceCounter has sub-mirosecond
resolution.

Can we just replace gettimeofday() with a version that's basically:
if (never_run_before)
   GetSystemTime() and get current timer for baseline.
now = baseline + current timer - baseline timer;
return now;

Or do we need to make changes at the points where the function is
actually called?

//Magnus