Re: PostgreSQL is extremely slow on Windows

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: PostgreSQL is extremely slow on Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> > You can *never* get above 80 without using write cache,
> regardless of
> > your OS, if you have a single disk.
>
> Why? Even with, say, a 15K RPM disk? Or the ability to
> fsync() multiple concurrently-committing transactions at once?

Uh. What I meant was a single *IDE* disk. Sorry. Been too deep into
helping ppl with IDE disks lately to remember that SCSI can be a lot
faster :-) And we're talking about restore of a dump, so it's a single
session.

(Strictly, that shuld be a 7200rpm IDE disk. I don't know if any others
are common, though)

//mha