Re: TCP/IP access in Postgresql 8 Windows

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: TCP/IP access in Postgresql 8 Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> <<TCP/IP is enabled by default on Windows. Your problem is somewhere
> else>>
> This is not bourne out by my experience or the document you
> referenced.
> The document and postgresql.conf both state that the default
> is 'localhost' and only allows local loopback connections.

Default is 'localhost'. This is TCP/IP. Which is different from Unix
sockets. Since Unix sockets aren't available on Windows, you need TCP/IP
to be able to connect at all.

That said, I think I may have misread the original question as actually
wanting "remote TCP/IP" connections. The comment about the clients IP
certainly implies so. In which case my answer was clearly wrong! Sorry
to mislead you :-)

//Magnus