Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Win32 release warning

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Win32 release warning
Дата
Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Win32 release warning  ("Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
>> Right. So how would you get the email address, without
>starting the mail
>> reader?
>
>have them enter one in a text box?
>
>> We could add a checkbox that takes them to a webpage that permits
>> subscription. But they are certainly going to need to put
>their email
>> address in there in some way...
>
>Sorry, I didn't mean no email address ... I meant having a
>text box on in
>pginstaller itself that would auto-mail that out ...

Don't think that's going to work. You need th emailserver. In most
cases, you need the login for the mailserver. Most companies and
nowadays a lot of home ISPs block outbound SMTP unless you go through
their authenticated servers.

> a link to the
>subscribe option(s) at the web site would be perfect too ...

That one can work, assuming we have a web form somewhere people can
subscribe from.

//Magnus

Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Win32 release warning
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Win32 release warning