Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Win32 release warning

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Win32 release warning
Дата
Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Win32 release warning  (Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
>add one for
>>>
>>> Might be an idea ... if nothing else, something that at
>least reminds them
>>> about reporting bugs and where to do so?  I'd hate to see 1000 ppl
>>> install, 90% see bugs adn never have them reported :(
>>
>> Yes, I was thinking of that, and of telling them they may need to
>> upgrade more frequently than normal 8.0.0 users to fix win32
>bugs as we
>> find them.  In fact, the idea I was thinking of is to have
>pginstaller
>> update from current cvs more frequently than we make minor
>releases as
>> we have done during beta.  That way, people can get win32
>fixes faster.
>>
>> Also, maybe we should encourage them to subscribe to
>announce so we can
>> announce any Win32 fix releases we might need.  They probably aren't
>> used to that procedure.
>
>Having installed enough Windows software over the years
>(unfortunately),
>how about adding a 'register for annoucements' with a textbox to
>auto-subscribe to the list if they so choose?  Instead of
>making them go
>through opening their mail reader and having to send off the
>message ...
>my experience with most Windows users is that 'the least
>amount of work
>required' means the most likely they will do it :(

Right. So how would you get the email address, without starting the mail
reader?

We could add a checkbox that takes them to a webpage that permits
subscription. But they are certainly going to need to put their email
address in there in some way...

//Magnus

Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Win32 release warning
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] Win32 release warning