Re: PostgreSQL Service

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Service
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers-win32
Look for a postmaster.pid file in the PGDATA directory. If it's there, remove it and restart the service.

This is a known issue with beta-1. Bruce - we need this on the open items list. Something needs to be done about it.

//Magnus

From: Farai Mbira [mailto:mbira@catalyst.net.nz]
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2004 2:14 AM
To: pgsql-hackers-win32@postgresql.org
Subject: [pgsql-hackers-win32] PostgreSQL Service

I am running postgres 8 beta on XP. When I install the service starts and I can connect to the database. When I reboot the computer, the service won’t start. I get the message below.

Services

The PostgreSQL Database Server 8.0-beta1 service on Local Computer started and then stopped.  Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the Performance Logs and Alerts service.

OK

Farai Mbira

---