Re: PostgreSQL Service

От Armen Rizal
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Service
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers-win32
Hi Farai,

I got the same experience too. The postgres service was run  by a non-administrative user that was created by the installer.
I logged as an Administrator initially. I thought this was the source of the problem, then I tried to log as a non-administrative user,
but the problem still appeared. I tried to uninstall it and reinstall it again and somehow it works.

Note: I don't have the same problem in Windows 2003 Server (Standard).

Armen Rizal

+Consultant
+Goodwill Consulting
+Jakarta, Indonesia

From: pgsql-hackers-win32-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-hackers-win32-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Farai Mbira
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2004 7:14 AM
To: pgsql-hackers-win32@postgresql.org
Subject: [pgsql-hackers-win32] PostgreSQL Service

I am running postgres 8 beta on XP. When I install the service starts and I can connect to the database. When I reboot the computer, the service won’t start. I get the message below.

Services

The PostgreSQL Database Server 8.0-beta1 service on Local Computer started and then stopped.  Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the Performance Logs and Alerts service.

OK

Farai Mbira

---