Re: Novice Guide to Windows Compile How to

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Novice Guide to Windows Compile How to
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers-win32
Hi!

Good to see something along this line. Couple of comments:

1) I would not suggest copying the LIB directory to the windows
directory. That is just evil :-) Instead, add the pg lib directory to
the system PATH.

2) Note that pgsql ONLY works on NT based plattforms. Therefor, the
comment on the beginning of the "as a service" section really applies to
the whole document.

As fr the location of it, I think we'll eventually want this in some
form in the main documenation tree. That means SGML sources (look at
existing docs). I'll let someone else comment on *where* it's good to
put it.

//Magnus