How to copy a schema under another name in same database

От Daniel Gour
Тема How to copy a schema under another name in same database
Дата
Re: How to copy a schema under another name in same database
Список pgsql-novice

Hello!  I have a PostgreSQL (8.3.3, WinXP + linux) database with multiple schemas.  I would like, on a regular basis, to be able to copy the structure and data of one schema under a new schema, using of course a different name.  What would be the easiest way?

-          I have seen the TODO entry “Add CREATE SCHEMA ... LIKE that copies a schema”, so I guess an easy solution (a single pgsql command) is not yet available…

-          I guess the alternative is to use pg_dump to dump a single schema and use pg_restore, but how can I restore the dumped information under another schema?  I would like to avoid dumping it as an sql script and having it to modify it manually, because this will be a regular operation that I would like to automate in my application.

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide!

Daniel Gour
Adacel Inc.