Re: Postgres Start

От Bansal, Gaurav (Gaurav)
Тема Re: Postgres Start
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

 Thanks. was able to execute the scripts using the Postgres service account.

From: Vishal Arora [mailto:aroravishal22@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2007 9:35 AM
To: Bansal, Gaurav (Gaurav); pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: RE: [ADMIN] Postgres Start

What windows login account are you using? Probably use the Postgres login account.

Subject: [ADMIN] Postgres Start
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 17:16:23 +0800
From: gbansal@avaya.com
To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org

Hi

I am unable to start Postgres on Windows XP machine using following command:

pg_ctl start -D "D:\Platform\DevEnv\PostgreSQL\8.2\data\"

The error message displayed is:

pg_ctl: another server might be running; trying to start server anyway
2007-12-11 14:42:31 PANIC:  could not open control file "global/pg_control": Permission denied

Any pointers how can I start the Postgres using pg_ctl. I am able to control the lifecycle of Postgres using Window services "net start". However, I would like to use pg_ctl/ postgres to control the lifecycle states.

- Gaurav

Post free auto ads on Yello Classifieds now! Try it now!