Re: Can't connect from computer on network.

От Mehlape, Makgati
Тема Re: Can't connect from computer on network.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hi.

I think setting Listen_address to *, does not necessary allows all connections but allows your PostgreSQL server to support TCP/IP connections. So, leave it as it is.

In order to apply control over what machine IP addresses should connect remotely to your server; specify the IP addresses in the pg_hba.conf file.

e.g

# TYPE  DATABASE    USER        CIDR-ADDRESS          METHOD

 Host     <DBname>    DKing        192.168.2.102                 <Specifies user Authentication>

Make sure you restart your PostgreSQL serve after performing the above.

Hope this helps.

Makgati.