Re: Issue with processes open for clients

От jose fuenmayor
Тема Re: Issue with processes open for clients
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thanks for your answer!
How can i issue a cancel?
thanks in advance!
On 11/10/06, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On Thu, 2006-11-09 at 19:54 +0000, jose fuenmayor wrote:
> Hi all , I have a question or a doubt, when I ran psql remotely it
> opens a process on the server, so I issue a query (select count(*)
> from 80millionsrowstable) then I can see that process taking cpu and
> mem from the server (using top), then I cancel the psql on the client,
> I expect to see that process gone but that is not the case it is still
> there! and taking resources!.
>
> When I cancelled the query issued by the client is not supposed to
> eliminate the process open for him on the server?

If you quit psql, then the server may not realise you have disconnected.
You need to issue a cancel, so that can be communicated to the server so
it knows to quit.

--
  Simon Riggs
  EnterpriseDB   http://www.enterprisedb.com