Re: Starting postgres server on mac os x 10.6.8

От Scott Ribe
Тема Re: Starting postgres server on mac os x 10.6.8
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Feb 5, 2012, at 3:14 PM, Andrew Barinov wrote:

> This is my first time trying to solve a postgres issue, I just now realized that the command I tried before wasn't to
openthe logfile but to do something else. I couldn't find the command in the postgres docs to open and see the contents
ofthe logfile, can you tell me what it is?

Ah, there is no such command. The log file is just a plain text file and you open it and look at it however you want:
Console.app,cat or more at the command line, pico, vim, emacs, BBEdit, TextWrangler, TextMate, TextEdit or any of a
thousandother different ways.

You do need to know where it is of course, and you've used some package manager that puts pg pieces in non-standard
locations,so I can't help you with that other than refer you to the docs, if there are any, for that install.

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Add tablefunc modules to Postgresql 9.1
От: Andrew Barinov
Сообщение: Re: Starting postgres server on mac os x 10.6.8