Re: transactoin id wraparound problem

От Sriram Dandapani
Тема Re: transactoin id wraparound problem
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Curious why autovacuum does not handle this problem. Here are my
settings

max_fsm_pages = 2000000

autovacuum = on                                # enable autovacuum

autovacuum_naptime = 300                # time between autovacuum runs,
in

autovacuum_vacuum_threshold = 10000     # min # of tuple updates before
                                        # vacuum
autovacuum_analyze_threshold = 1500     # min # of tuple updates before
                                        # analyze
autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor = 0.4    # fraction of rel size before
                                        # vacuum
autovacuum_analyze_scale_factor = 0.2   # fraction of rel size before
                                        # analyze
autovacuum_vacuum_cost_delay = 100

autovacuum_vacuum_cost_limit = 1000

The database has a constant rate of about 50-100G a day of data flowing
in which gets deleted after 2 days.(this cycle keeps repeating). There
are historical tables that grow at a rate of 2G-4G a day