Re: transactoin id wraparound problem

От Sriram Dandapani
Тема Re: transactoin id wraparound problem
Дата
Re: transactoin id wraparound problem  (Scott Marlowe <smarlowe@g2switchworks.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
Thanks

Is there a way to monitor  vacuum progress. Can I resume normal
operations assuming vacuum will update the transaction ids or should I
wait till it finishes.

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Marlowe [mailto:smarlowe@g2switchworks.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2006 10:57 AM
To: Sriram Dandapani
Cc: Tom Lane; pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: RE: [ADMIN] transactoin id wraparound problem

Transaction ID wraparound is a cluster issue, not an individual database
issue.  Due to the way PostgreSQL is designed, you need to vacuum ALL
your databases, but you don't need a FULL vacuum on them all, just a
regular vacuum.

I'm guessing that your other databases aren't real big anyway, so it
shouldn't be a big problem.  If your other databases are huge, then
yeah, it might take a while.

On Wed, 2006-09-06 at 12:39, Sriram Dandapani wrote:
> I started this about a few hours ago (I guess the message shows as a
> general warning)..I am only interested in the specific database..will
> this command NOT do a full vacuum of the specific database(I would
like
> to save the few hours that I invested in this vacuum command if
> possible)

Сообщение: Re: transactoin id wraparound problem
Сообщение: Re: transactoin id wraparound problem