Re: transactoin id wraparound problem

От Sriram Dandapani
Тема Re: transactoin id wraparound problem
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I created a super user using the createuser command and issued

vacuumdb -f -U superuser <database-name>

I still keep getting a decreasing transaction count warning. Am I doing
something wrong here.(The database is about 120G and while I do expect
vacuum full to take time, I expect the warning to show an increasing
count)

Regards

Sriram

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Lane [mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us]
Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2006 6:41 AM
To: Sriram Dandapani
Cc: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] transactoin id wraparound problem

"Sriram Dandapani" <sdandapani@counterpane.com> writes:
> I get error messages on the console that says
> WARNING:  database "xxx" must be vacuumed within 10094646 transactions

> I shutdown, restart pg and issue a vacuumdb -f <database>

The shutdown/restart was a waste of typing, and -f doesn't really help
here either.

> I still get messages saying database must be vacuumed and the
> transaction count keeps decreasing.

I'll bet a nickel you did not run the vacuum as superuser.  It has to be
done by a superuser to have permission to vacuum every table in the
database (including system catalogs).

Сообщение: Re: transactoin id wraparound problem
Сообщение: Re: transactoin id wraparound problem