Re: tcp_keepalives_idle ignored

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: tcp_keepalives_idle ignored
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"henry" <henry@zen.co.za> writes:
> I have tried setting tcp_keepalives_idle = 120 (eg), then restarting PG,
> but SHOW ALL; shows tcp_keepalives_idle=0 (ignoring my setting).

Just FYI, this is the expected behavior on platforms where the kernel
doesn't allow adjustment of the TCP keepalive parameters from
userspace.  You didn't say what you are running the server on, but
the reference to /proc/sys makes me think it's Linux ... which seems
odd, because modern Linuxen do allow these things to be adjusted.

[ thinks... ]  Maybe you were inspecting the value in a Unix-socket
connection instead of a TCP connection?

This is all irrelevant to your real problem, to judge by the rest of
the thread, but I'm curious.