Re: REVOKE CONNECT doesn't work in 8.3.5

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: REVOKE CONNECT doesn't work in 8.3.5
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Zoltan Boszormenyi <zb@cybertec.at> writes:
> I have "trust" entries in pg_hba.conf because my machine is closed.
> I added some PG users, and one of them was used in:

> REVOKE CONNECT ON DATABASE zozo FROM hs;

> However, user "hs" can happily connect to database "zozo"
> despite the REVOKE.

Unless you had previously done a specific GRANT CONNECT TO hs,
the above command doesn't do a darn thing.  The privilege that
actually exists by default is a grant of connect to PUBLIC.
What you need to do is REVOKE FROM PUBLIC, and then GRANT to
whichever users/groups you want to allow to connect.