REVOKE CONNECT doesn't work in 8.3.5

От Zoltan Boszormenyi
Тема REVOKE CONNECT doesn't work in 8.3.5
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

It seems REVOKE CONNECT doesn't work as advertised.
I have "trust" entries in pg_hba.conf because my machine is closed.
I added some PG users, and one of them was used in:

REVOKE CONNECT ON DATABASE zozo FROM hs;

However, user "hs" can happily connect to database "zozo"
despite the REVOKE. Documentation says at
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/interactive/sql-grant.html :

CONNECT
Allows the user to connect to the specified database.
This privilege is checked at connection startup (in addition to checking
any restrictions imposed by pg_hba.conf).

To me, this means that REVOKE CONNECT is a veto over "trust".
Is it not?

Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi

--
Bible has answers for everything. Proofs:
"But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more

Zoltán Böszörményi
Cybertec Schönig & Schönig GmbH
http://www.postgresql.at/