Re: Documentation needs significant improvement

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Documentation needs significant improvement
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Chris Johnson <chris@chaska.com> writes:
> I just wasted 20 minutes or so trying to re-figure out how the heck to
> create the first user.  Frankly, the documentation between the step of
> installing the binaries and the step of doing useful stuff with the
> database sucks.

Criticism in the form of patches would be the most helpful ;-).
I hear your pain, but it's not clear to me exactly what to fix where.
For example:

> * The web formatting of said documentation is hosed.  I'm guessing it's
> a result of some conversion process from a former web layout.  Some
> pages flow into resized windows just fine, as all good HTML documents
> should.  Others have pre-formatted monospace-font lines with missing
> line breaks resulting in ridiculously wide pages which have to be
> scrolled horizontally -- which makes them near unusable.

I use the HTML docs all the time, and it's been awhile since I saw any
pages that rendered that badly.  *Exactly which* pages are you
complaining about?  What browser are you looking at them with?