Re: Documentation needs significant improvement

От will trillich
Тема Re: Documentation needs significant improvement
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, Jan 25, 2003 at 12:46:32AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Chris Johnson <chris@chaska.com> writes:
> > * The web formatting of said documentation is hosed.  I'm guessing it's
> > a result of some conversion process from a former web layout.  Some
> > pages flow into resized windows just fine, as all good HTML documents
> > should.  Others have pre-formatted monospace-font lines with missing
> > line breaks resulting in ridiculously wide pages which have to be
> > scrolled horizontally -- which makes them near unusable.
>
> I use the HTML docs all the time, and it's been awhile since I saw any
> pages that rendered that badly.  *Exactly which* pages are you
> complaining about?  What browser are you looking at them with?

i think what he's referring to might be some of the
user-contributed techdocs. the body text is wrapped in <pre>
tags so linebreaks are hard-coded; a narrow window might lead to
awkward wrapping snafus. (depends on browser's behavior, of
course...)

for example, try my regex intro at
    http://techdocs.postgresql.org/guides/RegularExpressionIntro
and make your window narrow. it might look okay -- or not...

is there a way to revisit those and allow html formatting with
<h2> and <em> and such, and let the browser's text wrapping do
its thing?

:)

--
There are 10 kinds of people:
ones that get binary, and ones that don't.

will@serensoft.com

Looking for a firewall? Do you think smoothwall sucks? You're
probably right... Try the folks at http://clarkconnect.org/ !

Сообщение: Re: Documentation needs significant improvement
Сообщение: Re: Documentation needs significant improvement