Re: [BUGS] signal 11 segfaults with parallel workers

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [BUGS] signal 11 segfaults with parallel workers
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> writes:
> There is already a "Parallel Worker" memory context defined by that
> time.  I think the issue is that multicorn library expects that
> Transaction context to be defined by that time.

It looks like multicorn supposes that a library's _PG_init function can
only be called inside a transaction.  That is broken with a capital B.
We need not consider parallel query to find counterexamples: that
means you can't preload multicorn using shared_preload_libraries,
as that loads libraries into the postmaster, which never has and never
will run transactions.

Whatever it's trying to initialize in _PG_init needs to be done later.