Re: SQL access to database attributes

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: SQL access to database attributes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Vik Fearing <vik.fearing@dalibo.com> writes:
> On 05/24/2014 12:03 AM, Jaime Casanova wrote:
>> Which lead us to the question: you need to connect to the database to
>> modify it, don't you? then, how do you change ALLOW CONNECTIONS to
>> true?

> You can ALTER DATABASE from anywhere.

Perhaps it'd be wise to have a safety check to disallow turning off
datallowconn for the last connectable database?  Although it couldn't be
bulletproof due to race conditions, so maybe that'd just be nannyism.
(If you do shoot yourself in the foot that way, I think we ignore
datallowconn in standalone mode.)

As with the patch we were discussing yesterday, -1 for inventing new
parser keywords for this.  I wonder if we couldn't refactor the grammar
so it thinks all of CREATE DATABASE's "WITH" options are "identifier =
value" and none of them have to be keywords.