Debian : No echo after pg_dump | psql

От Moreno Andreo
Тема Debian : No echo after pg_dump | psql
Дата
Re: Debian : No echo after pg_dump | psql  (Andrew Gierth <andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi guys,
     I'm facing a strange thing on my test server (Google Cloud)

On my Debian 9 box I'm running Postgres 9.6.10, and I'm transferring
some databases from another server (Debian 8, PG 9.5.15).

The command I'm using is
root@xxxxx:~# pg_dump -v -C -h <remote host> -p 6543 -U postgres
<dbname> | psql -h localhost -p 6543 -U postgres <dbname>
It presents a double password prompt after I run it:
Password: Password for user postgres:

I enter _once_ my postgres password, and it starts processing data.

At a certain point it suddenly stops processing without prompting
anything, and goes on only if I insert my postgres password again, as if
it was for one of the two prompts it showed at the beginning where I
entered only one password.
After another bit of processing, it asks another time (the third!) my
postgres password. After I entered it, it goes to the end (and there are
no issues in data or anything simia.

After this, I have no more echo on what I'm typing, but if I type
something and press enter, I can see the result of the command I just
typed (and have not seen) on the console.

Restarting the SSH session resolves the problem.

The same strange behavior is the same if I switch servers (running
pg_dump on Debian 8/PG 9.5 connecting on Debian 9/PG 9.6)

Another thing I was forgetting to report:

If I create database (just database, not schema) on target machine, I
receive the error "database xxxx already exists" but the dump goes on
If I don't create it, I receive the error "database xxxx does not exist"
and processing aborts.

Hope I've been clear enough......

Has someone bumped into it?

Thanks in advance