Re: Missing File weather.txt

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: Missing File weather.txt
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
> On 28 Jan 2020, at 03:22, PG Doc comments form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/tutorial-populate.html
>
> On this page https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/tutorial-populate.html you
> have this command:
>
> COPY weather FROM '/home/user/weather.txt';
>
> I've searched all over for weather.txt and can't find it. Please could you
> make this and any other files required for the tutorial available and
> provide clear instructions for accessing them at the beginning of the
> tutorial.

This is only mentioned as an example of another input method, with a link to
the COPY page for more information.  That being said, it's a good thing for a
tutorial to be self-contained, and going from a basic tutorial to the COPY
reference page is a fairly large step.  I propose that we add a small example
on what weather.txt could look like as per the attached diff.

cheers ./daniel

Вложения