Re: requested shared memory size overflows size_t

От Bob Lunney
Тема Re: requested shared memory size overflows size_t
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Tom,

A 32 bit build could only reference at most 4 Gb - certainly not 60 Gb.  Also, Windows doesn't do well with large
sharedbuffer sizes anyway.  Try setting shared_buffers to 2 Gb and let the OS file system cache handle the rest.

Your other option, of course, is a nice 64-bit linux variant, which won't have this problem at all.

Good luck!

Bob Lunney