Re: error while autovacuuming

От tamanna madaan
Тема Re: error while autovacuuming
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi All

Can I upgrade directly to postgres-8.4 . I think it would also be having
the fix for "autovacuum error" which is there in postgres-8.1.6 . But
please confirm .

Thanks..
Tamanna

-----Original Message-----
From: tamanna madaan
Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2010 2:40 AM
To: 'Michael Glaesemann'; Scott Marlowe
Cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: RE: [GENERAL] error while autovacuuming

Hi All

Thanks for your reply .

Actually, I have a cluster setup with two nodes in it. I am having
postgres-8.1.2 and am using  slony-1.1.5 for replication between two
nodes in that cluster. Now,  If I plan to upgrade both the servers to
postgres-8.1.21, I will be doing it one by one . When one system is
upgraded to postgres-8.1.21 , other will still be on postgres-8.1.2
until its also upgraded.

So I was just wondering if  there wont be any issue with replication
using slony-1.1.5 from postgres-8.1.2 to postgres-8.1.21 .

Second question : Will slony 1.1.5 work with postgres-8.1.21 or I'll
have to upgrade slony as well.

Is there any compatibility matrix between slony and postgres . where can
I find that ??

Please Reply ...

Thanks...
Tamanna