Re: Postges 8.0.2 Online backup Errors!

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Postges 8.0.2 Online backup Errors!
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Pallav Kalva <pkalva@deg.cc> writes:
> bash-2.05b$ ./backup.sh b
> 17/8E3DA9F0
> tar: tabledata/165899758/165958430: file changed as we read it
> 17/8E8CB0A8
> bash-2.05b$

You may need to use a stupider version of tar that doesn't consider that
an error condition.  (Offhand I see nothing in the gnu tar man page
about suppressing this error check :-()  Perhaps cpio would do instead?

The problem is not that you have an unusable backup, it is that if your
script ignores error exits from tar, you won't be able to detect real
problems.