Re: Where to find information on the new HOT tables?

От Markus Bertheau
Тема Re: Where to find information on the new HOT tables?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
2008/2/6, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:

> I'm really not seeing the case for user-level documentation of HOT,
> when for instance most of the planner's optimization behavior is not
> so documented.

Actually that would be very useful information. Questions like how is
cost calculated, how are joins ordered, which kinds of subselects are
pulled up to the outer query and so on are quite essential when
optimizing queries and understanding query plans. Also more detailed
information on how to tune the various performance parameters for
bg_writer, autovacuum, checkpointing and so on would be useful in my
opinion.

I find the current manual very useful and the fact that it's 2000
pages doesn't make it any less useful.

Markus