Re: BUG #10589: hungarian.stop file spelling error

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #10589: hungarian.stop file spelling error
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> Gavin Flower wrote:
>> Not saying there is any problem, but you might like to check how the
>> EUR currency symbol is handled (it is in LATIN2, but not in LATIN1):

> Latin1 doesn't have euro, which is why Latin9 (iso-8859-15) was invented
> IIUC.

Yeah, I doubt there's much to be learned from the euro-sign case.
The Snowball stemmers certainly don't care about euro --- they
only work with alphabetic characters.

Actually, an interesting point is that we could probably use one of the
single-byte-encoding LATIN1 stemmers when the database encoding is LATIN9,
and thereby save a translation to UTF8 and back, since the stemmer logic
isn't going to care about euro signs.  Likewise for LATIN2 vs LATIN10.
Not sure it's worth the trouble though.