Re: Development schedule

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Development schedule
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> Also, what do you think of Simon's plan for a 2-stage feature freeze?   Maybe
> not so far apart ... maybe a month apart?

I didn't feel a need for it.  It's true that the closer we get to
feature freeze, the smaller the patch you should expect to drop on us
sight unseen.  Simon's proposal implies that this is a binary condition,
but it's really more of a continuous process.  Another point is that
we've never wanted to discourage people from going full tilt right up
to feature freeze; if we say "you must have something credible X months
before freeze", that diminishes the value of free time that people might
have after that point.