Re: Reposnse from backend when wrong user/database request send

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Reposnse from backend when wrong user/database request send
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@postgresql.org> writes:
> It seems between 8.4 and CVS HEAD backend responses 'E' packet
> (error/fatal message) if a startup packet sent with wrong user and/or
> database. Before backend responses 'R' packet first followd by 'E'
> packet.

> Does anybody know why this change made?

It's a side effect of the changes made to get rid of the flat
authorization files.  Bad database is now reported before authentication
instead of after.  I wouldn't have thought bad user per se would be
reported before auth, though --- you sure about that one?