Re: Reposnse from backend when wrong user/database request send

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: Reposnse from backend when wrong user/database request send
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@postgresql.org> writes:
> > It seems between 8.4 and CVS HEAD backend responses 'E' packet
> > (error/fatal message) if a startup packet sent with wrong user and/or
> > database. Before backend responses 'R' packet first followd by 'E'
> > packet.
>
> > Does anybody know why this change made?
>
> It's a side effect of the changes made to get rid of the flat
> authorization files.  Bad database is now reported before authentication
> instead of after.  I wouldn't have thought bad user per se would be
> reported before auth, though --- you sure about that one?

No. Just a logical conjecture.

So the change was made not to fix the bug(IMO).

I now understand that those behavior could be changed randomly release
to relase in unpredictable way.
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan

Сообщение: Re: buildfarm logging versus embedded nulls
Сообщение: Re: buildfarm logging versus embedded nulls