Re: LDAP authenticated session terminated by signal 11: Segmentation fault, PostgresSQL server terminates other active server processes

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: LDAP authenticated session terminated by signal 11: Segmentation fault, PostgresSQL server terminates other active server processes
Дата
Ответ на Re: LDAP authenticated session terminated by signal 11: Segmentationfault, PostgresSQL server terminates other active server processes  (Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com>)
Ответы Re: LDAP authenticated session terminated by signal 11: Segmentationfault, PostgresSQL server terminates other active server processes  (Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
> Question
> for the list: other stuff in the server needs libpthread (SSL, LLVM,
> ...), so why are we insisting on using non-MT LDAP?

The traditional reason for avoiding that is the risk of a server
process becoming multi-threaded.  There are live bugs of that ilk
on Darwin, and we actually have cross-checks for the case in our
code (see HAVE_PTHREAD_IS_THREADED_NP stanzas).

If pthread_is_threaded_np(), or something equivalent, is widely available
then it might be all right to try solving this going forward by switching
to libldap_r and seeing if anyone hits those cross-checks.  I'd be afraid
to risk it in the back branches though ...

Сообщение: Re: Channel binding not supported using scram-sha-256 passwords
Сообщение: Re: Channel binding not supported using scram-sha-256 passwords