dbmirror modifies pg_proc nextval/setval functions

От James Doherty
Тема dbmirror modifies pg_proc nextval/setval functions
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hi all,

I'm trying out dbmirror  for postgres 8.0.3 and I ran into some problems that I traced back to the setup sql script the MirrorSetup.sql, the standard nextval and setval get renamed using the following:

UPDATE pg_proc SET proname='nextval_pg' WHERE proname='nextval';

UPDATE pg_proc set proname='setval_pg' WHERE proname='setval';

The library file pending.c refers to it as nextval_pg as well.

This changing of the name of what I would think is a pretty basic function seems pretty risky. It fried a couple of my tables that were using serials and I had to go back and alter them to use the new name. I know it's in the contrib and not fully supported but still...

I'm still pretty new to postgres, so I'm thinking I'm missing something.

James

Сообщение: Re: unable to GRANT on sequence
Сообщение: Re: unable to GRANT on sequence