Fwd: createdb.exe and psql.exe without Promting Password

От Iñigo Barandiaran
Тема Fwd: createdb.exe and psql.exe without Promting Password
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks Raymon.

I'm using Windows XP.

What does "visible to the script" means?

Thanks in advance!

Best,

On 10/02/2009 18:04, Inigo Barandiaran wrote:

I would like to create an script that includes calls to createdb.exe and
psql.exe. I would like to use them with a user but without asking or
prompting for pasword. For example:createdb.exe -T template0 -U MyPosgresUser MyDataBaseName.

I've read that if I define an environment variable like SET
PGPPASSWORD=MyPosgresUserPassword, both calls dont ask for password. I've
tested this variable in different platforms and does not work.
Do you know how so solve it?
What platform(s) did you test it on? Are you sure that the environment
variable was visible to the script?

Another option is to use a .pgpass file:
 http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/libpq-pgpass.html

Ray.

rod@iol.ie