Re: tablelog

От Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Тема Re: tablelog
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 11:36:38 -0500 Bruno Lavoie wrote:

> Oracle Flashback Query seems to use undo logs to return in a point in
> time if the undo retention param permit it. You can do it with a date,
> or with the SCN (system change number), a kind of transaction number. It
> saves you administration task and table management, and *space*.
>
> Is this doable with PG, using some pg transaction logs?

I think, the only way is to use PITR and roll the backup forward during
the exact point you want to see.

Probably another way - but really untested and dangerous - would be to
play around with the meta information for each row. But VACUUM makes
sure dead rows are removed very fast, so i think it's not even worth to
try out.

Bye

--
                Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum