Re: POC and rebased patch for CSN based snapshots

От Andrey V. Lepikhov
Тема Re: POC and rebased patch for CSN based snapshots
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 7/13/20 11:46 AM, movead.li@highgo.ca wrote:

I continue to see your patch. Some code improvements see at the attachment.

Questions:
* csnSnapshotActive is the only member of the CSNshapshotShared struct.
* The WriteAssignCSNXlogRec() routine. I din't understand why you add 20
nanosec to current CSN and write this into the WAL. For simplify our
communication, I rewrote this routine in accordance with my opinion (see
patch in attachment).

At general, maybe we will add your WAL writing CSN machinery + TAP tests
to the patch from the thread [1] and work on it together?

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/07b2c899-4ed0-4c87-1327-23c750311248%40postgrespro.ru

--
regards,