Re: [UNVERIFIED SENDER] Re: pg_upgrade can result in early wraparound on databases with high transaction load

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: [UNVERIFIED SENDER] Re: pg_upgrade can result in early wraparound on databases with high transaction load
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2022-07-05 Tu 15:17, Tom Lane wrote:
>> So it's taken us a year to discover the issue :-( Perhaps if we're going
>> to say we support upgrades back to 9.0 we should have some testing to be
>> assured we don't break it without knowing like this. I'll see if I can
>> coax crake to do that - it already tests back to 9.2.
> Hmm ... could you first look into why 09878cdd4 broke it?  I'd supposed
> that that was just detecting situations we must already have dealt with
> in order for the pg_upgrade test to work, but crake's not happy.

It's complaining about this:

andrew@emma:HEAD $ cat
./inst/REL9_6_STABLE-20220705T160820.039/incompatible_polymorphics.txt
In database: regression
  aggregate: public.first_el_agg_f8(double precision)

I can have TestUpgradeXVersion.pm search for and remove offending
functions, if that's the right fix.

I note too that drongo is failing similarly, but its pg_upgrade output
directory is missing, so 4fff78f009 seems possibly shy of a load w.r.t.
MSVC. I will investigate.

cheers

andrew

--